Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Our Crossing Paths Update (Or whatever lack of it...)

Seeing as how my first and last otome visual novel project is getting very little attention on this blog, I'm still gonna post an update for the heck of it.  After coming out of a very long hiatus, I was motivated to continue making my game after playing Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom for the PSP.  For my review of it, click  here.

I don't know why, but I was very stuck on how to write out the basic setting of the game that would be cohesive.  After this post, I'm gonna revise my other project posts for consistency.  For some weird reason, I was bent on trying to make early 19th century France and Great Britain bend to my will of allowing women in military ranks.  I tried to pull a Hakuoki of basing the male love interests after existing generals in France, but they were all not in consecutive battles.  So I realized something... I realized something... I could have just said "FUCK IT, I'M GONNA PULL A VALKYRIA CHRONICLE" and create an entire fictionalized Europe where women were already allowed in the ranks.

That's when I was happy with my decision to announce two female characters to the story.  I'll make another character profile post for them.  Out of sheer boredom in lectures, I took up an entire page to draw out key characters for the game as well as considering minor appearance changes.  Some changes I was happy for:


  1. Claire's gonna have a new hairdo
  2. Alan Bernard's gonna have a more improved neutral character portrait as well as "better" hair
  3. René, once known as Marc, will have a more natural appearance of the hair so he doesn't look like he had a tub of gel in his head
  4. I just realized I made André look kinda crazy...
  5. I forgot what León looked like so not only did I get his outfit wrong, I made him look slightly ugly and the pose I drew him in made him look like bully fodder XD
  6. I finally decided what Taylor would wear as his military uniform
  7. Two new characters are Kamille Chevalier and Lilliana Blanc
Short bits on Kamille and Lilliana:

Kamille is the only female general in the army.  She proves to be the exception for the recent policy that women are allowed to serve in the military ranks.  Although she may still be weaker than a male general matched in terms of physical strength, her roundabout maneuvers make her a formidable foe in a duel and on the battlefield.

Lilliana is the housekeeper in charge of the building section where Claire resides in.  She is often seen as aloof and doesn't have a care in the world even when her employees make mistakes on the job.  

No comments:

Post a Comment