Friday, January 4, 2013

Our Crossing Paths Otome Visual Novel Project Updates (Updated without going into hiatus)


  • (5/6/12) Finished Alan’s neutral sprite
  • (5/23/12) Finished René’s neutral sprite
  • (7/31/12) Right now, I’m taking a summer session at Uni where biology is my biggest weakness. Because of the heavy work load, psych lab research, and readings, there will be even less time to even draw the characters. I’m still in a rut as to figure out how to fill out between major events. I subscribed to my own thread so I can be motivated to even attempt to finish 25% of the story done, I didn’t know 2 or 3 more people commented in July. It’s nice to know people still notice, maybe not as much since I’m working alone and progress is slowing down. But I’ll do my best to pull my weight and give a sprite to each character so when a demo comes, stick figures won’t be the temps.
  • (9/28/12) I finally have a freakin’ logo up. It was bugging me so I made one just so it feels like it’s a bit closer to completion.
  • (10/15/12) I know I haven’t been writing the story further at all so I said,” F this” and put in whatever major plot points for each route and all the bad endings I know fresh in my head. I tell myself it will probably be easier than staring at the road bump forever to figure out how to get out of exposition.
  • (1/3/13) As the title update suggested above, I’m writing out kissing scenes. Why? It came more naturally than figuring out how to fill in the more normal stuff. And I also completed all the bad ending scenarios. I haven’t done the good ones yet. Just to say that this project isn’t completely dead yet and shouldn’t be mentioned in the dead projects thread yet.  So far, Alan and René both have 8 CGs planned for them and I’m working on the other guys’ storyboards.

No comments:

Post a Comment